Technical product manager with proven success leading the development of products, while collaborating with cross functional teams for testing, production, and sales. A knack for understanding customer needs and translating them into actionable product milestones. Prior military service member with strong project management skills; capable of leading teams to complete initiatives, while enforcing quality and safety guidelines. Ready to join a winning team and positively impact the future.
ABBOTT VASCULAR, Santa Clara, CA
Global Product Manager - OCT, 2018-Present
- Upstream product management of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) platform.
DIGITAL HEALTHCARE STARTUP, Palo Alto, CA
Product Development, 2017-2018
- Drive research, direction, and development of healthcare products in the clinical collaboration space.
- Works with investors, physicians, and healthcare providers to define product requirements and translate them into actionable projects for hardware and software teams.
- Travel to customer sites for product feedback and testing.
- Provides product guidance and project management for the international software team to accomplish milestones within timeline and budget.
- Hardware prototyping for user experience and testing.
- Prototyping: User Interface wireframe (Sketch & Proto.IO). Hardware usability.
AVINGER, Redwood City, CA
Senior Product Manager, 2013-2017
- Responsible for oversight of the capital equipment products, including Lightbox, a high definition imaging console and various external components.
- Manage hardware and software product feature pipeline throughout product lifecycle.
- Supervised engineers for product innovation and development processes.
- Conducted research and analysis across the industry to assess primary trends and pursue market leaderships.
- Proactively approached physicians to market the products imaging capabilities using live streaming demonstrations.
- Collaborated with internal departments to effectively complete an initial public offering (IPO) to acquire additional investors.
- Rapidly produced results, generating $1M in revenue within 1 year of program release.
- Achieve stellar ratings on yearly reports as a result of exceptional performance and goal attainment.
- Create and maintain product Instructions For Use, project documentation, training manuals, sales enablement platform, and product packaging.
CISCO SYSTEMS, San Jose, CA
Test Engineer & Technical Lead, 2005-2013
- Research and development of customer Cisco TelePresene solutions.
- Served as technical lead for the Learning Solutions Group.
- Developing proof of concepts and test plans to evaluate potential.
- Delivered prototypes to evaluate product uses and refine production.
- Maintained awareness of market competitors, assessing comparable product offerings.
- Facilitated communications between cross-functional teams for engineering and marketing.
- Enabled effective global virtual training with the creation of TelePresence solutions.
- Produced demonstrations to present product value to end users, showcasing new products and impressive features.
- Offered exemplary technical knowledge and problem resolution skills and, while participating in live corporate events.
- Evolved inventory management through the creation of an optimized equipment and maintenance tracking system.
- Contributed to enhanced system uptime and cost reduction, proactively maintaining equipment and monitoring parts.
- Continually engaged customers to provide excellent service throughout the product lifecycle utilizing an Order Assurance Program.
- IP Publication - http://ip.com/IPCOM/000223144
Senior Airman - B-52 Aircraft Fuel Systems, 2001-2005
- Accomplished superior ratings on annual USAF performance reports, demonstrating significant professional development and leadership skills.
- Supervised equipment, maintenance, and inventory for strategic deployment.
- Supervision and training of five-person crew ensuring adherence to internal policies and procedures for the safety of staff.
- Obtained recognition from the USAF shop supervisor as the #1 performer.
- Recipient of the USAF good conduct medal for exemplary service.
Computer Lab Tutor, 2018-Present
- One-to-one and small group tutoring for adults reading at or below the 9th grade level.
Bachelor of Science in Graphic Information Technology - 2019
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY - Tempe, AZ
Associates Degree in Internet Technology - Web Administration with Honors
FOOTHILL COLLEGE - Los Altos Hills, CA