HomeKit 2020 Update!
It’s been a while since I have mapped out our HomeKit setup. Heck, it’s not even the same house anymore!
Some of the biggest changes
- All IKEA TRÅDFRI lights are gone. I found them to be too unreliable.
- Rather than swapping bulbs to smart bulbs, we are doing smart switches instead this time. More reliable and gives you a “real” switch on the wall for anyone to use without special (annoying) instructions.
- 1x Lutron Caséta Dimmer Switch
- 1x Eve Light Switch
- We prefer the Lutron units, but we had this leftover so why not put it to use.
- 1x Phillips Hue Lightstrip
- Using these in the basement for ‘media room’ lighting.
- 2x Phillips Hue Bloom
- Also used for accent lighting in basement media room.
- 3x VOCOlinc PM1 Smart Outlet
- These are great for controlling anything that plugs in. Using these for things like the backyard deck lights and holiday related things.
- 15x Nanoleaf Light Panels
- Installed in the stairwell leading to basement. Makes for a cool setting.
Shades / Blinds
- 15x Lutron Serena Shades
- 1x LG 77″ OLED TV
- 1x Insignia Garage Door Opener
- This is going to be removed, it is not reliable and makes a horrific beeping noise (safety?) when opening the garage using HomeKit.
- 1x August WiFi Lock
- 1x Level Bolt Lock
- 1x Apple TV (Can be used as home hub)
- 3x HomePod (Can be used as home hub)
- 1x Lux KONO Thermostat
- 1x VOCOlinc FlowerBud Diffuser