Quick iPhone App Review: Dynolicious
Today we look at an iPhone app called Dynolicious. A Dyno in my phone? what? how does that work?
The idea of an in car dyno is nothing new, G-Tech is a popular product in this arena, but at $200 - $300 it’s kind of pricey for the average person with curiosity. The iPhone is the same price, but hell you already have that. This is only an additional $13. The iPhone has a great set of accelerometers in it, which is what this app uses to measure HP.
This app measures the following and does it pretty damn accurately I must say:
- 0-60 MPH Other Speed Tests (0-10 MPH through 0-100 MPH in 10MPH increments)
- Quarter Mile Elapsed Time Quarter Mile Trap Speed
- Elapsed Time and Trap Speed for standard intervals (60’, 330’, 1/8 Mi, 1000’) Lateral G’s (current and peak)
- Braking G’s (current and peak) Wheel Horsepower
- Estimated Engine Horsepower