Amazon’s New MP3 Store
Amazon recently launched yet another MP3 music store. Normally I wouldn’t care about another MP3 music store but this one I am somewhat excited about (haven’t tried it out yet.) Real quick, the things that attracted me:
- NO DRM!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, it’s about time! No more crippled music
- 256K tracks. Finally Higher quality
- Looks to be easy to use and puts the songs right into iTunes. Damn, watch your ass apple.
- Tracks are priced between $0.89 and $0.99; Albums between $5.99 and $9.99
- “only” 2 million songs. more to come I’m sure
Looks like a win win to me. I hope so, it might be time to start buying music again!
I am going to try out both the website portion of the site as well as their standalone application tonight. Time will tell, but so far so good.